Hospital Staff Survey on Patient Safety Culture (HSOPS)
PRC has been administering this survey for clients since 2008 to help them assess the atmosphere they have created for holding patient safety as a top priority in their hospitals. With questions covering event reporting, teamwork and communication, and organizational learning, among others, the survey takes a comprehensive look at the policies and practices within your organization that advance and ensure patient safety.
Annually, AHRQ calls for hospitals and healthcare organizations to voluntarily submit their study results in order to create a national comparative benchmarking database, and PRC has experience with this submission process, if you so choose.
HSOPS Fast Facts
- Hospital Survey
- Facility Version
Types of Samples
- Staff in particular staffing categories
- Staff in particular areas/units
- A combined approach
Methodology and Timing of Survey Administration
- Conducted annually as a point-in-time study
Data Submission & Comparative Database
- Data Submission also done annually, May 15 – June 15
- Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture Comparative Database Report produced yearly and available on the AHRQ Web site